Below is a link with IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SPRING TRACK FOR BOTH PARENTS AND STUDENTS.
If you have any questions or concerns contact
Coach Jamie MacKenzie at 970-691-1216 or email at :
Hello Track and Field Parents and Athletes,
Important notifications for spring: Communication:
• Remind is our main form of communication. We have a parent and athlete remind because of the limits on numbers. I will send the same information out to both groups.
o Parent Remind: send a text to 81010 in the message use @51c0ce3 or use https://www.remind.com/join/51c0ce3
o Athlete Remind: send a text to 81010 in the message use @51c0ce or use https://www.remind.com/join/51c0ce
• Camp week will begin February 14th. We will have practice everyday after school, no practice on February 21st as the students will have the day off school.
• February 28th is the first day of official practice and all athletes will need an orange card to participate.
• Practice will start at 4:15pm everyday.
• Practice end times will depend on each athlete’s event area, but we do our best as a program to get done with practice by 6:30pm each day. Some event groups will be done much sooner than that time. We are happy to work with schedules on an individual basis as well.
• Parent/Athlete meeting will be held on Tuesday February 22nd at 7 PM in the Media Center. I request that both the athlete and a parent come but it is mandatory to have at least one of you in attendance
. • We have a lot of information for Seniors and their families. I will have a separate breakout for those families after the main meeting.
• We do a spirit pack store through GOJO’s Sports. It will be an online store. I will get the link and all information out as soon as we have all the details ironed out.
• We do not require anything to be purchased so it will be up to each family if they want to get something.
• All items should be uniform legal for Track and Field.
Shoes and Spikes:
• Altitude Running Company usually hosts a spike night for those of you that will need spikes or new running shoes I will get the information out when I have it.
• We do have a bin full of donated spikes that the athletes are welcome to look at if spikes are not in your family budget. We ask for a $5-$10 donation for the program but will not let an athlete go without.
Meet Schedule and info:
• The meet schedule is on the next page. Please be aware that with a Spring Season we sometimes have weather changes so those dates and times can still change.
• Please let the staff know as soon as possible if an athlete is not going to be available for a meet. I am available by email or phone call and am happy to answer any questions you may have.
I am so excited to get Track and Field back in the spring (I will miss my tank top, but not competing in 90+ degree weather).